“Is there any chance to download Spotify songs and to convert them to mp3? I ‘d just enjoy to have them on my computer or on CDs to play in my car.” – Question from Spotify to mp3 Reddit.
Yes, you are in the right place.
Spotify users mostly have the same requirement. They would like to convert Spotify playlist to MP3 files so that they can listen to any music player or phone freely. However, Spotify doesn’t allow to download music to the local computer, even you are a Spotify Premium user. So, how to convert or download Spotify music to MP3?
Check it out:
I would like to download Spotify as .mp3 with:
There were many sites that called Spotify to mp3 online converter, but It is only three left at the time I write this review. It works very simply. Just copy a Spotify playlist and paste it into the search bar on one of those sites, and then click the “Download” or “Convert” button. Waiting for a while, you will get mp3 for each songs listed the playlist.
The method behind it is that downloading music from the site such as Youtube by searching the names of the songs. the advantage of the method is that the fast download speed and free to use on any platform (Windows, Mac, Android or iOS), but the disadvantage is that sometimes, you will get low quality, wrong version of the song you want to download or can’t find the song you want.
Warning: It’s illegal. Downloading massive amounts of music from unknown sources may against your local law. Check this news
A neat web design, the search bar is placed in the center of the page. It takes approx 10 seconds to download a song as we tested. It is free to use and no extra plugin needs to be installed.
How to use it?
Just copy and paste a Spotify songs/playlist link into the search bar, click the “Convert” button, and your song or playlist will be available to download once they are done converting.
- No ID3 tags (album, name, artist, lyrics, etc.) for free users
- limited sound quality of 128kbps
- The site is unstable
However, if you donate $5 you will get the songs with ID3 tagged and better quality (196kbps)
2: Chrome Extension: Spotify and Deezer Music Downloader
It is a free Spotify downloader extension of Chrome. It allows you to convert Spotify to MP3 without recording. You can download Spotify online on both Windows and Mac as long as you have a chrome browser.
The steps you have to follow are:
- Select Tools and Extensions from the drop-down menu on the far end corner of the address bar in Chrome.
- Install it on your Chrome browser.
- Open Spotify in the browser to play your favorite music, then Deezify will allow you to get the MP3 file.
However, when you check the review of Deezify on Google Chrome Store (see the below screenshot), you will find out people are keeping saying that it is not working.
- Fast download music
- 30% of Spotify songs are not found according to my test.
- Only works for Spotify
- Built-in Adware
3: Download music on online
There are many other music downloading sites over there. You can find most songs in Spotify within following sites:
This an online service that helps you to convert Spotify music to MP3 in a very simple way. It is compatible with all kinds of browsers.
NO. 1: The Best：Cinch Audio Recorder
A highly recommend a professional streaming music recording tool is Cinch Audio Recorder. That’s the best 1-click tool for downloading music from Spotify and also other streaming music sites. The part of recording music is that you will the mp3 as the same as the original.
The features include:
- Spotify playlist to MP3 files and maintain the output music as same as the original quality (lossless .wav files)
- Automatically get the song’s tags such as artist, album, and title (accuracy rate is near 100%)
- Recording music while you muted the sound volume on the computer so that you can recording music under any circumstances
- Filter out ads (between every 2 songs) while recording, automatically
- Edit the recorded music and save it as a ringtone for your phone
- Fix ID3 tags of your local music in batch
- 100% working for all streaming music services (Apple music, Google music … )
How to convert Spotify music step-by-step?
Well, using this software is very simple :
Step 1: Start the software and press the yellow “Record” button on the upper-left corner.
Step 2: Play your Spotify music playlist. When the music starts playing, this recorder will start recording automatically.
Step 3: After the recording is done, right-click on a recorded song in the library and then select the “Open folder”, you will get the mp3 file of the recorded song.
That’s it. Download and try it now!
A short step-by-step video guide of using Cinch audio recorder:
- Automatic ID3 tagger captures the title, artist, and album (included cover)
- Save as lossless WAV (320kbp/s for MP3)
- Mute sound while Spotify recording
- Support all streaming music sites
- Working for Windows 7 and newer version
- No burn to CD option
- Not free
NO. 2: Leawo Music Recorder
Leawo music recorder allows to record music from Spotify and other internet music freely and converts them directly into MP3 files. It can identify smartly the information about the music, like the artist, album cover etc of its own accord. It also filters the ads.
It offers extensive music collections for you to download from
- 300,000+ Songs;
- 35,000+ Albums;
- Top 100+ Charts;
- 1,000+ Refined Playlists
Discover, save, and share the music you love.
You can also schedule the download, which makes it convenient for the users. The software is compatible with both PC and the Mac.
- Support all streaming music sites
- 1 click to transfer recorded music from Spotify to iTunes
- Record sound from microphone
- schedule recording time
- Not free
- Installed a virtual sound card on your computer
- Need play music at maximum sound volume when recording
- Low accurate of getting ID3 tags
No. 3: Audials Tunebite 2018 Premium
Audials Tunebite is a smart recorder for both streaming music and soundtracks of music videos:
- Record all protected music streams from the players of music services as well as unprotected audio streams from websites with ID3 tags
- Easily record music from streaming services such as Spotify, Deezer, Tidal and much more as mp3 files at double speed
- Convert music or audiobooks into 40 file formats for the smartphone, tablet, PC or games console
- Manage recorded audio files on the PC and in the cloud.
- Rich features and nice interface
- Fast recording mode for Spotify
- Not easy to use
- Price is a litter bit high
- Only support Windows OS
No. 4: Solutery Music Recorder
It’s a music recorder works like Cinch audio recorder but has a nice user interface. This recorder supports all streaming music sites and saves as high-quality mp3 files with 320 kbps. Each recorded songs will add ID3 tags like name, singer, and album (included CD cover)
- Nice interface
- Add ID3 tags title, artist, and album to each recorded song
- Save as lossless WAV (320kbp/s for MP3)
- Mute sound on the computer when you are recording music
- Not working on Windows XP
- No Mac version
- Not free
NO. 5: Allavsoft
Allavsoft is a highly intuitive audio and video converting software. It can directly download music, playlist from Spotify, Deezer, YouTube, etc to MP3( or FLAC) with ID3 Tag, album, and cover artist.
This free-to-play software enables users to download and convert popular video formats like FLV, F4F, F4V, WebM F4M, to other formats such as WMV, MP4, AVI, MPEG-1, MOV, MPEG-2, FLV, WebM, RMVB, DV, and OGV.
Aside from acquiring videos from their original format, Allavsoft also extracts the audio part from various online video sources and convert it to commonly-known audio formats like MP3, WAV, WMA, AAC, M4A, etc.
This is why Allavsoft is perfect for people who love watching videos as well as listening to songs, radio documentaries and interview episodes from the internet.
*The free trial version allows downloading 5 music or video or playlist for free.
Borderless access to millions of videos
Allavsoft provides easy access to download videos in ultra-high definition 4K 4096p, HD 1080p, 720p, 3K, 3D or SD 480p and other low display resolutions.
Downloaded files are playable in all popular multimedia players including smartphones, home theater systems, laptops and car stereos.
To ensure the quality of downloaded videos, Allavsoft features a built-in video player intended for this special purpose. Also, the sensational video converter can be applied as an add-on to your favorite browsers like Firefox, Safari, IE, and Chrome.
Allavsoft features an easy-to-navigate user interface with minimal menu displays and graphics, perfect not to clutter your screen. It allows batch downloading and provides users all the appropriate settings to enhance video quality.
Allavsoft is comfortable to use since you only need to paste the video URLs straight to the text fields before you start the process.
Results will always vary according to a number of videos and prevailing connection speed.
Allavsoft is an excellent software that provides you with nothing less of high-quality lectures, music playlists, and movies.
No 6: Sidify/NoteBurner/Ondesoft Spotify Converter
They are basically from the same company with slightly different user-interface. The method behind the software is same as
Spotdl.com. I have explained in above.
Here is what music converter can provide to its users:
- Converts Spotify playlist or individual tracks to MP3 and other popular formats
- Produces Spotify music in high-quality 320kbps bitrate without signing up a premium account from Spotify
- Extracts audio MP3 from Spotify music without disrupting audio quality
- Provides easy access to enjoy Spotify music on USB players, car stereos and home theater components
- Allows easy transfer of playlist from one music library to another location
No. 7 Replay Music
Replay Music is feature-packed recording software that creates flawless music from Spotify and other popular streaming sites. Unlike other Spotify recorders, Replay Music enables users to produce recorded crystal-clear videos, meaning they can directly record uploaded videos from YouTube, DailyMotion, and Vimeo among others. This efficient tool can detect commercial ads in between music tracks and automatically delete them. Your music library will always appear organized since Replay Music features an outstanding ID3 tagging system which automatically tags the recordings with track information.
No 1: Spotify to MP3 converter for Android
Two ways to download music on your phone or tablet.
- You don’t need to install APK app by open URLs that listed in Top 6 (the only working way if you have iPhone or iPad)
- An Android app called Spotify Downloader (free). It is easy to use the app for all Android users, just follow the step by step guide after you installed, you will know how to use it to get Spotify music.
Update on Feb. 21.2017:
Spotify has updated file encryption technology that means all Spotify downloader online tools (copy Spotify song’s URLs and download it as mp3) are NOT working anymore. What they are doing now is search song’s title on YouTube or other unknown resources and then let you download. The only safe way to get Spotify music is working with a recording method.
Updated: This recorder seems stopped the auto ID3 tagging
Enjoy music! Let me know if you have any query then do let me know by commenting.